There are so many lies we choose to believe. It was very difficult to narrow down a few to talk about. Tomorrow is the end of the series and I was so bummed out that there are so many topics that will be left uncovered.
I decided to make a BIG list of some other commonly believed lies that we fall to everyday. I would SO appreciate it if you were to draw out the discussion of these lies by commenting below so that we can address as many lies as possible! The more lies we believe, the more quality of life and freedom we sacrifice! Also, if I left out a lie or two (or seventeen), please feel free to add on!
Here we go!
- My worth is in how I look.
- Healthy eating is expensive.
- Weight loss or fat loss is impossible after a certain age.
- I have the right to hold a grudge.
- Being a woman means being able to have a child.
- My past mistakes have to follow me around for the rest of my life.
- Being busy means that I am productive.
- Taking time to rest is wasteful.
- If no one finds out about the wrong I’ve done, I am free of consequences.
- Slivers don’t have calories.
- I messed up God’s plans.
- Milk is a good source of calcium.
- Gluten free means you are eating healthy.
- Trust your heart.
- People are out to get me.
- All my problems can be figured out through Google searches.
- I don’t need to go to church to be close to God.
- College is a time to try everything out.
- Reading Scripture makes no difference.
- Dreams mean something.
- It’s too late for me.
- It’s okay to call people out on social media.
- My life is so boring compared to everyone else.
- Staying home on a Friday night is lame.
- Introverts don’t care about their friends.
- Having sex with multiple people is not a big deal and won’t effect my future relationships.
- I need to have tons of clothes.
- I have to get even.
- Walking away means that I am a coward.
- I don’t have time for ________________.
- There is nothing else I can do.
- I should compare myself to others.
- God doesn’t care about that.
- I need to punish myself for my mistakes.
- I deserve to be rewarded for my performance.
- More money will make me happy.
- I have to restrict calories to meet my fitness goals.
- Healthy, happy marriages look the same.
- I have a right to privacy from my spouse.
- Earning more money for your kids is more important than being there for them.
- I don’t need to consider what other people think.
- You can drive slow in the left lane.
- You are allowed to disagree with the previous bullet point. 😉
- I am too far gone to receive God’s forgiveness.
- God is okay with me doing whatever I want.
- Ignoring a problem, solves it.
- Cursing in an argument is no big deal.
- Feelings should not be acknowledged.
- There is no proof of God.
- I have to work for someone else.
- Everyone should go to college.
- Pornography is not a big deal.
- Some lies are okay to tell.
- Truth is relative.
Woo! I feel like I could go on and on and on and on and …
Well, I think you get the point! Please keep this post going by adding your voice! Even if you disagree, let’s work through these lies!